The new version 9.0 supports the new CSIOnet Web Services connection to CSIOnet which replaces the Juniper SSLVPN connection and the SMTP/POP email protocols. There is no waiting for the Juniper software to make a connection to CSIOnet. The Web Services connection is a more reliable secure connection with no delays.
Please supply these instructions to your local computer tech and should they have any further questions, to please contact the Power Broker Technical Support team and we will be happy to assist.
- NOTE: Any brokerages that receive download from Economical must be running the EDI Engine Version 9.4 or newer.
- NOTE: If the workstation is Windows 7 and you are updating to the latest EDI Engine version 9.5a, make sure the region and language is set to English (Canada) or French (Canada) and not English (US) to have the short date show as “yyyy-mm-dd”.
- Backup your \Email folder on your server (Right click, choose send to Compressed (Zipped) folder).
- Go to Start, All Programs, Mastercom Broker EDI PC Email Engine, Settings main, then please screen shot or write down the information on this page.
- Go to this link click here and ensure you download the update to the ‘ROOT’ of the drive where you can find your \BRO or \EMAIL and NOT into either of those folders.
- WARNING! Do not ‘Run’ the download once it has completed. WARNING! PLEASE verify you put the update file on the mapped drive and not into the route of BRO or EMAIL folder.
- Please turn off your anti-virus before downloading the Mastercom update.
- Type CMD in your Windows search box and open your Windows Command Prompt.
- In the DOS window, type the drive letter of where you have saved the UpdateEngine9x.exe EXAMPLE: P: and hit enter.
- At the DOS prompt, type updateengine9x.exe and hit Enter. During the blue install screens, ensure that you point to P:\Email .
- Run through and install. At the end of the Install, you will see a window pop up to ‘Install 7-Zip to Zip the download’. Click ‘OK’ and then point the Destination Folder to the 7-Zip folder found in the EMAIL folder, click ‘Install’. Reboot.
- Log into Power Broker and test EDI.
- Should you have more than one computer that does EDI downloads, please go to those stations, open the DOS prompt, and follow steps 5,6,7 and 8 in these instructions.