Please supply these instructions to your local computer tech and should they have any further questions, to please contact the Power Broker Technical Support team and we will be happy to assist.
- NOTE: Any brokerages that receive download from Economical must be running the EDI Engine Version 9.4 or newer.
- NOTE: If the workstation is Windows 7 and you are updating to the latest EDI Engine version 9.5a, make sure the region and language is set to English (Canada) or French (Canada) and not English (US) to have the short date show as “yyyy-mm-dd”.
- Backup your \Email folder on your server (Right click, choose send to Compressed (Zipped) folder).
- Go to Start, All Programs, Mastercom Broker EDI PC Email Engine, Settings main, then please screen shot or write down the information on this page.
- Click here and download the update file but ensure you download the update to the ‘ROOT’ of the drive where you can find your \BRO or \EMAIL and NOT into either of those folders.
- WARNING! Do not ‘Run’ the download once it has completed. WARNING! PLEASE verify you put the update file on the mapped drive and not into the route of BRO or EMAIL folder.
- Please turn off your anti-virus before downloading the Mastercom update.
- Type CMD in your Windows search box and open your Windows Command Prompt.
- In the DOS window, type the drive letter of where you have saved the UpdateEngine9x.exe EXAMPLE: P: and hit enter.
- At the DOS prompt, type updateengine9x.exe and hit Enter. During the blue install screens, ensure that you point to P:\Email .
- Run through and install. At the end of the Install, you will see a window pop up to ‘Install 7-Zip to Zip the download’. Click ‘OK’ and then point the Destination Folder to the 7-Zip folder found in the EMAIL folder, click ‘Install’. Reboot.
- Log into Power Broker and test EDI.
- Should you have more than one computer that does EDI downloads, please go to those stations, open the DOS prompt, and follow steps 5,6,7 and 8 in these instructions.
– – – –
NOTE: ALL INSTALLATIONS AND UPDATE SHOULD BE RUN FROM A DOS PROMPT. IT SHOULD REFLECT THE MAPPED DRIVE AND NOT A SERVER SHORTCUT PATH OR A UNC PATH. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO OPEN A DOS PROMPT, TYPE IN CMD IN YOUR WINDOWS SEARCH. IF YOUR POWER BROKER DRIVE IS P, THEN TYPE IN P: AND HIT ENTER ON YOUR KEYBOARD. THEN TYPE IN THE NAME OF THE FILE YOU ARE TRYING TO RUN.