PLEASE READ BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH THIS UPDATE
There are new and exciting changes in the Power Broker update …
Mastercom is now incorporated into the Power Broker program!
The Send and Receive process within Power Broker does not change, however there are some initial setup that is required before you can proceed with your first EDI Download in Version 4.50.11.
Power Broker V4.51
Enhancements (November 20, 2020)
Power Broker CSIO Upload
CSIO Upload for Edge Mutual (PMM) has now been incorporated into Power Broker Version 4.51
- CSIO Insurance Company Table will require the Portal/API URL, User ID and Password.
Select the <Upload> button from the left-hand margin of the policy screen and select <5. Edge Mutual> This procedure creates an upload transaction file for the current selected policy. The policy is validated for completement and accuracy of information before it is submitted to the upload batch. If any problems are found, they are reported in a report that you may print. The policy will not be uploaded, rather you must correct the errors and then click on the <Upload> button to attempt to send the policy again. Once all information is correct, you will be prompted to verify the contract number. Once you accept, you will receive a <Policy Upload File Sent> message indicating “HTTP Getlink Result Code 200” success message. Hit OK and you are launched to the Edge Mutual Portal.
(Peach Hills CML Upload currently NOT available.)
- A new highlight column has been added to the User / Customer / Policy abeyance screens allowing a User to ‘manually’ change to Y to highlight an abeyance as priority. As soon as the Abeyance is marked as completed, the highlight will be removed.
- When a Refund Cheque is written back to client Abeyances, it now reflects the Payable To: in the abeyance information box.
Abeyance Document\Diary Detail Report
- The MS Excel export option now includes a TYPE column
Abeyance/Documents Summary by User
- This report can now be sent to MS Excel
Print Account Current Detail Report New Sort Option – <by Contract Number>
- The Accounts Current Report now has additional option to Sort and Sub-Total by Contract Number. Report is still produced at the Insurance Company Level, but can be sorted by Contract Number within the Selected Insurance Companies, with sub-totals at the Contract Number level and Grand-Totals at the Insurance Company Level. When the Accounts Current is sorted by Contract Number, and the user wants payment entries to be created in the Accounts Payable Batch, then a separate payable is created for each Contract Number for each Insurance Company. As usual the Insurance Company that the payment is to be sent to, must already exist in the Vendor Table. The Contract Number being paid is shown on the second comments line of the payable.
Accounts Receivable Cash Receipts Batch
- The cash receipt entry must have a customer code and a policy number in place when it is deleted from a posted batch in order for the entry to be made indicating deletion in the client abeyance/notes database.
- FG Import – (Custom Programming for FG Insurance Agents & Brokers – Bahamas). Imports accounting transactions from XLS Spreadsheet.
Print Receivables by Insurer
- The Accounts Receivable by Insurer lists all customer accounts that have a non-zero balance, and shows all transactions since the last zero balance. This report may be sorted by customer code or customer name and within each customer further sorted on transaction date. The report may be printed for a variety of different extraction criteria including any one or all Insurers.
NOTE: this report is an approximation as Customers may have policies with different Insurers. For the purpose of this report, the customer is placed with the Insurer that their most recent policy transaction was with. If your brokerage truly does accounts receivable at the policy level, there is the Print Receivables by Insurer (Bahamas) available to you.
Additional Text Screen
- A new MS Outlook button has been added to the bottom of this screen. Similar to the MS Outlook button on the customer screen, when selected, the highlighted email message in your MS Outlook will be saved to this screen.
Applied Integration – <Retrieve Saved Quote> from Policy Screen
- This integration window now includes the option to indicate the following before sending to the policy screen:
ReIssue/ReWrite = Y/N
New Business = Y/N
Binder = Y/N
Print Binder Policy by Producer
- Report to MS Excel filtering on select producers has been fixed
Browse Archived Customers
- A new <List> button has been added to this screen. This will pull forward the Customer & Prospect List #2 option allowing you to create a report by filtering your archived customers. Assistance with the Expression Builder is available through the Support Department.
Commercial Policy Screens
- Policy Fee field has now been increased to 7 digits
CSIO eDelivery of eDocs
Customers who are to receive eDocs by CSIO eDelivery need to be identified on the Customer Screen
- New Question <Send eDocs via MS Outlook / <C> CSIO eDelivery (Y/C/N> Y – YES via MS Outlook / C – send via CSIO eDelivery / N – this customer does not receive eDocs digitally; If you indicate C, then
- New Question <If eDelivery, send eDOC to 1st, 1st & 2nd, 1st 2nd & 3rd email addresses (1/2/3)>
This allows you to specify which email(s) recipients receive the electronic eDocs
Merge Daily Electronic Documents (CSIO eDelivery options):
(S) Stop – the eDelivery icon will light up and allow the user to send. A success message will be displayed prior to the user being able to click on <Move to Next Record>
(O) Roll continuous using default values and send all policies by MS Outlook / CSIO EDelivery
(D) Roll continuous using default values and send only direct bill policies by MS Outlook / CSIO EDelivery
Line of Business Table
- CSIO eDelivery wordings that accompany the eDocs are identical to the wordings supplied for MS Outlook
Note: Brokerages will need to have CSIO My Proof of Insurance / CSIO E-Delivery added to their Power Broker Licensing Key File.
Automatic ‘tagging’ for MS Outlook and eDelivery for eDocs and Invoicing is available
Exclusive use is required for these ‘tagging’ functions.
- Send Invoices, Renewal & Receivable Letters via MS Outlook / <C> CSIO eDelivery (Y\C\N)
The arrow next to the Invoices question will allow you to mark this question as Y/C/N based on your options: <all customers> <personal lines only> < commercial lines only> <unmark all prior taggings>
- New Lock/Unlock E-Mail Addresses PadLock: This allows the user to ‘lock’ or ‘unlock’ the email address field for editing. This will depend on the answer to question in DYCI – Miscellaneous Tab.
Define Your Company Information – Abeyance Tab2 – New Question:
- <Use eDoc transaction type as abeyance description when creating abeyances for eDocs (Y/N)> IF you say <Y> to this question, Power Broker looks at the unique descriptions created by the brokerage in the Merge Daily Electronic Documents Assign Producer, Assign User IDs, and Assign User ID’s Multi-Branch and ignores the description in download. If you say <N>, the download description is defaulted.
Define Your Company Information – Accounting Tab – New Question:
- <Calculate Policy Level Balances (Y/N)> Saying No to this question will decrease the time in running the End of Day function as only Customer Level balances will be calculated. Only those Brokerages managing the Accounts Receivable and Customer Statement at the Policy Level as apposed to the Customer Level will need to say Yes to this question.
Define Your Company Integration – Company Info tab: New Question
- <Limit Building the Branch Level Filter to the one time per session right when you sign in (Y/N)
Brokerages operating Multi-Branch or WAN who limit Users to Branch Codes, and experience ‘slowness’ in returning to their Home Page, should say YES to this question. This eliminates the rebuilding of the indexes when returning each time to the home screen. If a new customer or policy is entered for that branch, that customer and/or policy record will not appear in the Users home page view of the Customer and/or Policy Database until the next time they sign into Power Broker. However, the customer is present in the Customer Screen database view under Customers – Customers & Prospects and the policy is present in the Policies filtered databases (Auto/Habl/Comm, etc).
- Multi-Branch Accounting Updated Question: Ensure Branch code is filled when Posting Journal Entries (Y/N) Indicate a Y for all Multi-Branch/WAN to verify Branch Codes are present or journal entry will not post.
Define Your Company Integration – EDI Tab – 2 Updated Questions:
- Should Daily Download Update Customer’s Primary Address, telephone Number and Email Address (Y/N). Indicate <N> if you do not want download to update these fields
- Should daily Download Update the Customer’s Additional Contacts (2 through 4) Information (Y/N). Indicate <n> if you do not want download to update these fields
Define Your Company Integration – GL Account Info – Miscellaneous Tab – New Question:
- Customer Screen email address fields initially disabled? (Y/N). If the user says Y to this question, then the email fields are ‘locked’ and the padlock must be used to ‘unlock’ for editing.
Define Your Company – Integration Tab 3
- Act-on Configuration information has been removed
EDI – Create 5DSP File for Initial Download
- 5DSPs can now be created for each Insurer for <All Contract Numbers> or <One Contract Number>. If <All Contract Numbers> is selected, the Contract Number field is left ‘empty’. If <One Contract Number> is selected, the Contract Number field must be completed.
EDI – Merge Auto/Habitational/Commercial Policies
- CSIO Premium Comparison Report – the Customer Code field has been widened
EDI – Merge Daily Electronic Documents –
- eDocs Download Report – The eDocs report has been enhanced to indicate how the electronic document has been sent. <C> they receive by CSIO eDelivery, <Y> they receive by MS Outlook and ‘empty’ they receive paper. This is based on the Customer Screen question.
- Description for Abeyance Records – Brokerages can now enter pre-defined ‘improved’ descriptions to eDocs. Columns have been added to the Assign Producer, Assign User IDs and Assign user IDs Multi-Branch, where you can enter your own description by transaction type. If the DYCI Abeyance Tab2 question is set to <Y>, these descriptions are used.
EDI – Post/Delete Download Charges
- Three new SORT options:
CSR + Policy Number
Marked for Deletion + Line of Business
Producer Code + Policy Number
- The <Check for Duplicates> function will now include Transaction Type in verifying duplicate transactions along with policy number, effective date and premium amount.
- Import Bahamas Health – (customer programming for Star General). Imports accounting transactions from XML Spreadsheet.
End of Day Processing – Exclusive Use no longer required
- The End of Day Processing option can now be run at any time as it no longer requires exclusive use of the databases. Customer records that are in use at the time End of Day is run, are now skipped and their balances are not updated on the screen, however, they will be updated the next time end of Day is run provided the customer is not in use then. Policy records that are in use at the time End of Day is run, are also now skipped however that policy balance will be updated the next time End of Day is run, for those brokerages that have policy balances calculated as per the Define Your Company Information option that controls this. A message will be displayed that <the following policy is in use elsewhere and cannot be updated> Even though the customer/policy screen may be ‘locked’, the Report is generated with correct balances.
Enter Payables Batch – New Button:
- <Create Abeyance Note> – You now have the ability to add a scanned invoice image to your Vendor Abeyance/Docs. After attaching your scanned invoice in the Payables Batch screen, select the Create Abeyance Note button and the system will automatically generate an abeyance note and save in the Vendor Table under Abeyance/Docs for that Vendor Code.
- SCHEDULE Tab – The All Risk/Named Perils Field has been added to this screen and it must be indicated as it states the type of coverage that applied to that particular item.
- Schedule Tab 2 – has been updated to include the following “Property Class Code must be entered for article to Upload to Insurance Company”
Invoicing – Reports – New Report
- List All Policy Transactions (Bahamas). This is a Customer Report for Bahamas Cooperative League
MSOutlook Integration – Customer/Policy screen
- Users will now have a drop-down window appear containing all email addresses indicated on the customer screen, allowing you to select one or more email addresses for initiating an email to your client from the MSOutlook button on the left side of the customer/policy screen options.
Notes – Priority setting
- A new <highlight> option is available in the Priority section of the abeyance note screen. Indicating a Y will highlight this abeyance in the User / Customer / Policy Abeyance screens.
- An enhancement has been made to include upload of Life and Disability Policy Details
- Pathway Activity Log URL pathway has been fixed by increasing the length of the path. A Date Stamp has been added to the Pathway Upload Log Files
Policies New Search Option
- A new search option has been added for “Insurance Company Code”. The policy database sort order will change to the Insurance Company Code and then by Policy Number order and will remain until a new <search> is requested or the User leaves that screen. Use the <arrow> buttons at the top of the policy screen to move to the next Insurer record.
Power Broker to Power Quote Habitational Integration
- A fix has been made to include the Deductible Adjustment/Discount fields
- Habitational Commission splits for Commercial and Personal lines have been added.
Print Renewal List(s)
- The Print Renewals List(s) sent to MS Excel now include a column for Commission Dollar Figure.
- The EDI – Send & Receive ‘over-night’ task functionality has been fixed.
- The saved location folder for MS Excel and PDF has been fixed.
- A new utility option<PBWTSTEST.EXE> is available and can be launched from within the BRO folder. This should be used exclusively by your Computer Technician or a Power Broker Support member.
Wholesale (Custom Programming for PAL)
- New HOSP Dec page and Bordereau Report
- Three New Merge Fields Added:
Policy Commission Amount (P_COMM_AMT)
Producer#1 Commission Percentage (P_COMM1)
Producer#2 Commission Percentage (P_COMM2)
Please select this link for these important Version 4.51 setup instructions:
Once you have downloaded and read the Setup Instructions, please complete your download request form.
Select <Download Upgrade> to complete request form.
Once this Contact page has been completed, you will be directed to the update file.
**Please Note: If after completing the Contract Form the download does not start, AND if you are using Google Chrome,
please ‘right-click’ over the download area and select <open link in new tab> to download this file
If you require assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the support area @ 778-433-2477
Your Power Broker Support Team