WE ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL VERSION 4.53.3
PLEASE CONTACT POWER BROKER SUPPORT WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR IF YOU REQUIRE ASSISTANCE IN DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING THIS IMPORTANT UPDATE.
THIS IMPORTANT UPDATE CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING PROGRAMMING ENHANCEMENTS:
ENHANCEMENTS Version 4.53
Alberta Auto Reform 2022
All programming and update of screens, applications and forms has been completed and included in this release.
Power Broker has introduced a new ‘Numeric User ID’ code to the system. New ranges between 0A to 9Z are now available allowing for significantly more creatable User codes in the system.
Royal Insurance Policy rollover to Intact
All programming changes completed and included in quick release Version 4.52.46
Enhancements have been made to include ‘multiple’ attachments. Power Broker saves the abeyance and allows the user to see a drop-down window of all received signed attachments and can select to view individually from this list.
- You may now push out your Customer Accounts Receivable Statements using the Pathway integration, and you literally must do nothing at all to have this recur as frequently as you like. You need only fill out the 5 new questions in the Pathway Configuration section of the Define Your Company Information Screen, then allow the Power Broker – Pathway integration to do the receivable collections.
- Information downloaded to the <Last Policy Revision Date from Insurer Download’ on the policy screen is now captured in the Pathway upload info.
- New Vehicle and Driver pathways are now included in the pathway integration process with AutoPlus and Ride Sharing.
New Vehicle and Driver pathways are now included in the pathway integration process with AutoPlus and Ride Sharing.
A new column has been added to indicate whether an ‘email reminder’ has been selected to send. This column is a ‘logical’ field so indicates <T> for True or Yes and <F> for False or No.
Change Customer Code – this function will now include an update to the cross-reference field so the ability to <jump> between customer screens is not lost.
Browse Archived Customers now have the ability under the List#1 button, to include ‘archive customers’ in the report output. List#2 report output is still limited to ‘active’ customers only.
Define Your Company Information (Utilities)
New Tab Structure:
Kixpay moved to Integration 5
Pathway moved to Integration 3
Company Info – Performance – #of Idle minutes on the main Menu/Home Page before Existing Power Broker
– # of Idle Minutes on the Customer/Policy screens before Existing to Main menu.
New Questions Added:
- Should Daily Download be Allowed to Overwrite the Existing Policy Type Template No (Y/N). Saying NO keeps the existing Template Type in your policy screen (this is especially important for Commercial Auto overwriting Personal Auto and any policies in your system under Template #t5 – all Other Policies).
- Add Province Code to the City Name field when downloading a new customer for the first time (Y/N). Default is set to NO which will not update the Province Code on download to the Customer screen and the Habitational screen. If you select YES, then Power Broker will update the Province Code in both these address fields.
GL Account Tab – Miscellaneous Options
- Disable the Sales & Marketing page tabs on Customer Screen (Y/N) Saying Yes will ‘grey out’ the tabs and the User will not have access to these areas.
Integration 1 – Clear Pay Configuration
- Enter an <N> to always default Cash Receipts to be Clear Pay – NO. If this question is left ‘empty’, it will operate as before and place a Y in all clear pay requests.
Integration 5 – EDOCs
- Use the CSR Code on the Policy Screen for the UserID code on the EDOCs abeyance entry (Y/N) Saying YES will create the eDOCs abeyance with the CSR code indicated on the ‘policy’ screen. If the abeyance is left ‘open’, this CSR will receive the abeyance reminder.
Integration Option 6 – Premium Exception Report
- Send all Abeyances Generated to this User Code – has been added to allow you to specify a User Code
- Merge Daily Policies Download – the Locked Screen message now includes the User ID that has the policy screen ‘locked’ – during the merge process.
- Merge Electronic Documents – the User can now enter pre-defined ‘Improved’ descriptions on download.
- Merge Electronic Documents – all new eDOCs codes have been added
- Broker Commissions Statements on Download – Aviva will be sending Broker Statements through the eDOCs merge process starting in the New Year. Power Broker will save these statements to the EDI – Review EDI Log Database. Set <Limit> to #15 – Broker Statements – and double-click the PDF document you wish to review.
- Export Policies to CSIO format .dat files – this EDI Utility exports all policies that meet the extract criteria entered, to individual .dat files that are written into the bro/ad folder on your file server. Each policy is written into its own individual .dat file. Because the .dat files are in standard CSIO format, they can be imported into another BMS, or another Powe Broker copy, just as though they were received from an Insurance Company.
- GORE – the addresses for the first 4 Insureds have been added to upload/download. The addresses for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Insureds are recorded on the Additional Contacts Screen.
- WAWA – Additional Claims details now brought in with eDOCs download where transaction type is CLI and stored within the abeyance eDOCs claim record.
- AB Auto forms/applications have been updated for all changes for AB Auto Reform 2022
- CSIO Certificate of Liability – for Subscription Policies, Legal Liability Holder is now populated with all Insurers associated with the policy risk.
- Applications – Atlantic (English) and Atlantic (French) have now been ‘greyed out’ From all application drop-down menus with a warning message indicating “The Atlantic Automobile Application has been replaced by individual provincial applications for NL / NS / NB and PEI and should no longer be used. Please use the appropriate provincial application instead”
- Annualized Premium and Commission Report – Excluding Cancellations Report
This report provides exact premiums and commissions totals by class of business for your in-force policies and is totalled by Policy Template Type number. The billings and commissions of policies that were cancelled are omitted from these totals.
- Policy Description – added to all policy template screens and pulls forward to ‘other policies’ client listing and can be exported to MS Excel from the Renewal List – Master List function.
- Last Policy Revision Date from Insurer Download field has been added. This information is uploaded to Pathway.
- A new field <Know Customer Since> has been added to the Additional Policy Detail Screens for both Personal Auto and Habitational and will pull through to the applications and added to XML upload/download.
- The <Policy Works> integration functionality can now be launched from the Other Policies screens
- Commercial Auto Policy –
- CVS and PCVS are now available as Page Tabs allowing the brokerage to quickly see the latest Commercial Vehicle or Public Commercial Vehicle Supplement by pulling forward the most current one from the database. Viewing from the FORMS button on the left of the policy screen will allow you to view/print all in chronological order to English or French.
- Aircraft Policies –
- the <Aircraft usually> field on the Aircraft Coverage tab has been altered to allow you to leave ‘empty’ by selecting anything other than H or T and tabbing through the field. A warning message is displayed for the User’s benefit.
- From an Aircraft Policy screen, select the <Aircraft> button on the left of the screen. From this listing, you can now <search> based on an IDENT Registration # of an aircraft. This is helpful when there are multiple ‘fleet’ aircraft listed on one policy.
- Habitational MOBIL Line of Business policy screen RISK 2 has been updated to include the Plumbing Details. This information now pulls through to the Aviva Elite Mobile Application form, as well.
- Renewal List – Master List –
- export to MS Excel now includes the Policy Description line from the policy screen
- can now be sorted by Policy Status Code. <One Policy Status Code> or <Select Policy Status Codes> which allows you to select from your drop-down table. Export is compiled on one report.
- Claim Register by Producer and Claim Register by Insurer Reports now include the Cause Codes and Descriptions when sent to MS Excel
- Required Replacement Cost Evaluation Repot now exports to MS Excel
- Policy Counts & Premium Totals Report – the report now totals based on Personal Lines and Commercial Lines and is sorted based on line of Business
- Print Vehicle List – Expression Builder – This report prints a listing of vehicle that match the record selection criteria that you enter in the FoxPro Expression. It has been further enhanced to allow for all fields in Vehicle Database OR primary fields in Vehicle Database plus additional Policy Database fields when sent to MS Excel. This allows for further filtering based on policy screen info & vehicle screen info.
- Claim Register by Insurer – Bahamas – this report prints a listing of claims that have occurred within the dates specific – Open / Closed or All Claims. Only claims over a pre-set total amount paid out, or only claims that occurred while insured by the brokerage are included. Can be sent to MS Excel for further filtering.
The number of Payables Batches has been increased to include A through N
Print Account Current Detail (WAN) – Now separates all branches when requested and creates the entry in the payables batch.
- Branch Office Table – now contains the <Province> field which now validates the province code for that branch. This allows for selecting specific Multi-Branch or WAN Reports based on the Province Code alone and not just the Branch Code. This will save time in marking several branches each time.
- Line of Business Table – The ACR Coding for EDOCs download has now been added to the EDOCs/MS Outlook4 tab allowing for a default outlook subject line and body of email wording. An MS Word document can also be attached to the outgoing email message.
- Lienholder Table – can now be sorted based on CCode or Name by holding the mouse over the column header and clicking when the arrow appears. This sorting feature is also available in all Forms and Applications where the Lienholder field is present. This table can now be exported to MS Excel.
Screen 3 – Suppress Policy Limiting Messages (Y/N)
Setting your User Securities View to Producer View Only will pull forward a message indicating restriction in policy viewing. This new question will ‘eliminate’ that warning message.
Question #87 – Maintain User Security Table (Y/N) – allows User to access the User Security Table without full access to all other Tables
- Ensure Automobile Coverages all Link to Vehicles – This procedure will process through the entire Auto Coverage database, making sure every record properly matches to a vehicle record, based on vehicle number. If a record cannot be matched by number, then we match it based on the make and model. There is no exiting out of the utility once started. The number of entries fixed is displayed on the screen for the User.
- Change a Producer Code has been updated to allow the user to ‘Select Lines of Business’ from a drop-down menu. The Producer Code on the Customer screen will NOT be changed as Customer records are not recorded against one Line of Business Code. The Change Producer in Notes Database question is therefore defaulted to NO.
Add new vehicle and driver fields to drop-down menu (Vehicle 1 -12 / Driver 1 – 12)
FG Insurance Agents & Brokers – End of Day CSV file send to MS Excel
Accounts Receivable – Accounts Receivable by Customer Report now includes Column 0-14 when exported to MS Excel
AVIVA – eDocs fully migrated to XML re-certification
GORE – Trillium Mutual – Portage – Peace Hills
- Applied Rating now confirms receipt and sends back the Primary Insured’s Gender during both one-way and two-way integration
- Payables Company – Print Account Current Detail – WAN – This report has now been fixed and filters on just the branch(es) asked for and not ‘all’ as it originally did.
- Annual Support Fee Warning Message has been reworded and is available in English only.
- Invoicing – (Wholesale) – Branch Address is now pulling through to the invoicing when a LOGO Scan is not being used.
- Abeyance Diary Detail Report – now exports to MS Excel without error.
- Production Summary Report – increased size of fields to 9 characters to get rid of the asterisks.
Please select this link for these important Version 4.52 setup instructions:
Once you have downloaded and read the Setup Instructions, please complete your download request form.
Select <Download Upgrade> to complete request form.
Once this Contact page has been completed, you will be directed to the update file.
**Please Note: If after completing the Contract Form the download does not start, AND if you are using <Google Chrome>,
please ‘right-click’ over the download area and select <Save Link As> to download this file to a saved location.
If you require assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the support area @ 778-433-2477
Your Power Broker Support Team